Curated by @rosiesiman + @faris.
- Sometimes the best PR is to be really boring. This is the approach that Comcast&Co are taking with the net neutrality. It's incredibly important but being ignored by mainstream media because the terms of the debate are presented so tediously. Or you could make an ad so dumb it goes viral...
- Spider-Pig was one of the best bits of the Simpsons Movie. Spider Goat is a genetically engineered goat that produces spider silk in its milk. No, seriously.
- "Re: the “sky”… not really feeling the color here. Would like something that pops more." Creative feedback is a delicate art. Constructive criticism can be so valuable, if we can only learn to present and receive it as commentary on an idea, not on the person. McSweeney delivers the hilarious client feedback on the creation of the Earth.
- Faris' brother Ramzi, who is a strategist in the UK, was interviewed by GapJumpers and shared some great thoughts about the industry, qualities he uses to find successful strategists and how passion is most meaningful when you have more than words to back up said passion.
- Ikea has released a "Life at Home" report; an infographic viewed through parallax scrolling about how the world wakes up. It's beautiful, and an interesting way to display data, but we were hoping for more insightful findings.
- How the world thinks about time. Unsurprisingly, Americans equate time to money, Spanish, Italians and Arabs choose in-person conversations over other pressing activities, and Southern Europeans feel the best when they're multi-tasking. Or so this study says.
- In the latest drone news (Faris has even managed to include a drone on our wedding registry...), there's now technology that clips to paper plans and transforms them into flying machines via your cell phone. Pretty cool if you ask us.