Curated by @rosiesiman + @faris.
- Look Up is a spoken word video about the sad side of social media: "smart phones and dumb people". This lovely reminder to be present, which sounds like English hip-hop, has racked up 22million views in 2 weeks.
- We love words. We veer towards the gloriously sesquipedalian. But, being honest logophiles, there are occasions when we use a word without knowing exactly what it means. That's your Bubble Vocabulary, the words at the edge of your ken.
- The King Of Pop will never die, in the minds of fans or record labels. Following in the footsteps of Tupac, MJ is releasing a new single five years after his death, that was recorded in 1983 - hear it here.
- Writing very brief synopses of content is an artform! Ahem. That's why we loved this rather wicked one:
- For the past nine months, Janet Vertesi, assistant professor of sociology at Princeton University, tried to hide from the Internet the fact that she's pregnant — and it wasn't easy. This fascinating talk and article shows how hard it is to not add to the online data dossier that tells marketers what you might but - and what it can trigger if you do.
- We had almost given up on iPhone games since they all become in-app purchase mind hacks. But then we discovered Monument Valley, and it is beautiful and worth paying for, once, up-front, which is as it should be.
- Design software giant Autodesk just 3D printed their own bespoke virus for about $1000. Cue gag about virals. Don't worry, it's harmless to humans. For now...
- Our friends at Seenapse have now opened up their creative technology platform for anyone to use in public beta.
- Rosie spoke at her 10 year school reunion and they followed up with thisexcellent interview where she explains what Genius Steals is all about, and encourages young people to be bold, awesome and digital.